Genesis, Brad Pit, and Taylor Swift: Forbes’ list of top-ten highest paid entertainers in 2022
It’s not the new age rock bands that have topped the list of highest paid entertainers, but a veteran has topped the list. Yes, Forbes has released its list of the highest paid entertainers in the world, and much to everyone’s surprise, Phill Collins-starrer Genesis is at the helm.
The illustrious list is owned by actors, musicians and music bands that have earned in the millions last year. Let’s take a look at the top ten highest paid entertainers and how much money they have earned in the year 2022.
10. Name: Bad Bunny | Total earnings in 2022: $88 million | Profession: Singer/rapper (Image: Reuters)
Besides lucrative endorsements from Corona, Cheetos, and Adidas, the Puerto Rican rapper sold over $400 million worth of tickets form his two tours, El Ultimo Tour del Mundo and the World’s Hottest Tour.
9. Name: Taylor Swift | Total earnings in 2022: $92 million | Profession: Singer (Image:Shutterstock)
The only women in the list, Taylor Swift has made the cut in Forbes list, six times in the past. With her back-to-back hits on Billboard, Taylor Swift earned a total of $92 million with her combined income streams from physical records sales, streaming platforms like Spotify, digital downloads, licensing etc.
8. Name: James Cameron | Total earnings in 2022: $95 million | Profession: Movie director (Image: Reuters)
The legendary director received over $95 million from his film ‘Avatar: The Way of Water.’ Cameron is one of the highest-grossing directors of all time, having at the helm of 199’’s Titanic and 2009.
7. Name: Rolling Stones | Total earnings in 2022: $98 million | Profession: Rock band. (Image: Reuters)
The 1960s rock band, Rolling Stone, made over $98 million with their tour and record royalties. The OG British rock band consisting of some of the all time greatest rock artists like Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, earned a whopping $8.5 million per night on a 15-city tour across Europe, called Sixty.
6. Name: Brad Pitt | Total earnings in 2022: $100 million | Profession: Actor
The Oscar Winning actor, starred in movies like ‘Bullet Train,’ ‘Babylon’ and ‘The Lost City’ in 2022. He also earned about $113 million after cashing in on fees from a deal he made in December where he sold a majority of his production company, Plan B Entertainment, to Mediawan.
5. Name: James L. Brooks & Matt Groening | Total earnings in 2022: $105 million | Profession: Creators of The Simposons. (Image: Reuters)
Who says animation or cartoons are not money-making business? Meet the creators of the hit animated comedy, ‘The Simpsons’ earned over $100 million last year.
More than 700 episodes have been produced since the sitcom’s premier in 1989. In 2019, all the show’s season made the transition from FX to Disney plus, which made the pair reportedly earned over $105 million annually.
4. Name: Trey Parker and Matt Stone | Total earnings in 2022: $160 million | Profession: Creators of South Park (Image: Reuters)
The ‘South Park’ creators earned over $160 million from a contract they signed with Paramount plus in 2021. The exclusive deal will earn them $935 million over a six-year period.
3. Name: Tyler Perry | Total earnings in 2022: $175 million | Profession: Actor (Image: Reuters)
With an estimate fortune of $1 billion, the multi-hyphenate actor, writer, director and producer earned $ 175 million in the year 2022. He earned a handsome amount from his streaming films, BET Tv shows, and his Atlanta-based production backlot. He is featuring in the list for the second time.
2. Artist: Sting | Total earnings in 2022: $210 million | Profession: Singer/Musician. (Image: Reuters)
With an earnings of $210 million dollar last year, 17-time Grammy winner, Gordon Matthew Thomas Sumner, former known as Sting, gave hits like ‘Every Breath You Take’ and ‘Roxanne.’ He earned $300 million before fees by selling his entire musical output, both solo and with The Police, to Universal Music Group in February.
1. Name: Genesis | Total earnings in 2022: $230 million | Profession: Rock group (Image: Reuters)
The English rock band topped the list by earning a whopping amount of $330 million in 2022. The group earned with its music rights sale to Concord Music Group in September.