Buxar, Bihar – A devastating train derailment incident on Wednesday evening in Bihar’s Buxar has left at least four passengers dead and 70 others injured. The mishap occurred near the Raghunathpur station when six coaches of the Delhi-Kamakhya North East Express went off the tracks.
Here are some key details surrounding this unfortunate incident:
Swift Relief Measures:
- On Thursday, the Railways announced a generous ex-gratia amount of Rs 10 lakh for the next of kin of those who lost their lives in the tragic derailment.
- Additionally, Rs 50,000 will be provided to each of the 70 passengers who sustained injuries during the incident, offering some much-needed financial support.
- Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar expressed his condolences and acted swiftly to provide Rs 4 lakh in compensation to the grieving families of those who lost their lives.
Scene of the Incident:
- Visuals from the site revealed the gravity of the situation, with two AC III Tier coaches toppling over and four other coaches veering off the tracks during the derailment.
- Local residents played a critical role in the immediate aftermath, rushing to the scene to assist passengers in need and help them exit the derailed coaches.
- Government authorities sprang into action, with police officials and ambulances promptly arriving at the scene to provide support and medical attention.
- On Thursday morning, ongoing efforts were underway to clear the derailed train from the tracks. The process is meticulous and requires precision to avoid further damage.
- Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw expressed his condolences for the lives lost and pledged a thorough investigation into the root cause of the derailment. He confirmed the completion of evacuation and rescue operations.
Condolences and Relief:
- Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma extended his heartfelt condolences to the affected families. He also confirmed the dispatch of a relief train to bring back stranded passengers.
- Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Tejashwi Yadav issued a statement, directing the departments of disaster management and health to take immediate steps to provide relief and assistance to those affected. Yadav also communicated with the district magistrates of Buxar and Bhojpur to ensure a coordinated response to the crisis.
The tragic train derailment incident serves as a stark reminder of the importance of railway safety and the need for swift, coordinated efforts during emergencies. Our thoughts are with the victims and their families during this difficult time.